I have decided to write a book about my life, medical, health and cancer experiences. It has always been a goal of mine but somehow gets prioritised behind many other things. It is also, well hard to do.
So I made it my goal and joined Serena Star Leonard’s Blog to Book course. Somehow in the commitment to writing the book, I have:
- Become an advisory board member to two cancer advisory groups
- Co-created a Pacific Island breast cancer support group
- Started web writing contracts
- Realised that I am my Body corporate chair with an AGM to organise
- Decided to do a public speaking challenge to stretch myself
- Started a new website called My Life Nirvana
- Started to refresh my Breast Cancer Nirvana website
- Started working on my Breast Cancer Nirvana charitable trust
- Started yoga and astrology courses as well as the Blog to Book writing course
- Started thinking about doing a trip next year
- Plus of course spending time with friends and family
The good side of all of this is that I am well and for the first time in seven years, able to even plan or think about these.
The other amazing thing is that all of these do not feel like work at all. It is true that if you love what you, you never have to work a day in your life. These are all passion projects and things that I love.
Doing it all
Can I do it all? The answer is no and I have been thinking about the main lesson I learned around breast cancer – prioritising health and creating a pace and life that I love.
The pace that works best for me and my health is a slower pace allowing: low stress, heaps of sleep, at least an hour of exercise a day, meditation, personal development and healing time eg acupuncture. Plus having time to reflect and listen to my intuition. Health is my number one priority and the pace of life is too high at present. Of course, I still need to contribute and work on passion projects and earn income as well.
What has that got to do with writing a book? Well that is my number one project for the rest of the year. I look forward to updating you on the book and hearing your ideas and thoughts.
Love Andrea x