This week I have been travelling around Italy with Pino from Trafalgar tours. Pino has been such fun and has been managing to keep 40 plus people in line and inform us all on all matters Italiano.
We arrived in Florence yesterday and it has been an amazing day exploring the city, churches, cafes and shops. Last night we had a five-plus course dinner at the house that Machiavelli lived in in the 15th century. Amongst other things we had ravioli with truffle oil and tiramisu along with live music. It was divine. http://www.lafontedelmachiavelli.com/eng/santandreainpercussina-machiavelli.html
I’ve made some new friends this week including Shirley from Vancouver and lots from the US. It’s amazing how quickly we can click and connect with new people in new situations when given the opportunity.
Highlights this week have been:
- Two magical days in Venice including a gondola ride with an opera singer
- A trip to an island off Venice called Burano where all the houses are painted different colours (plus to see where Murano glass is made)
- A day on the Almalfi coast including Positano and Sorrento
- Visiting the leaning tower of Pisa
- Lunch at Lugano in Switzerland
- A cruise on Lake Como
- Getting to know a new bunch of people
- And feeling like I’m alive and well trying new experiences
2015 Trafalgar tour to Italy and France for cancer survivors
I’ve been thinking about creating a Trafalgar tour to Italy next year for cancer survivors. I’ll keep you posted as I think it will be a fabulous way to get your spark back after cancer, meet some new great people and tick off some of those bucket list places.
I’ll have more info on that later this year. Please email me if you’d like to come and we can skype and chat email@example.com
Next week I’m back to my writing retreat in Assisi.