As you know, I created Breast Cancer Nirvana as I wanted to provide support and inspiration to others affected by breast cancer.
My goal ultimately is to provide resources designed to improve cancer survival rates – as studies show that women with more support are more likely to survive breast cancer.
I have also initiated and collaborated on a range of projects to improve survival rates for Pacific Island people in New Zealand – through support groups, advocacy and written resources.
I’m also in the processing of creating The Cancer Nirvana Trust where I will support people affected by cancer including:
- Cancer patients to attend retreats tailored to people going through cancer
- Supporting Pacific Island countries to deliver effective cancer services
Cancer international aid projects in the Pacific Islands
My goal is to support cancer organisations and people affected by cancer in the Pacific eg funding cancer projects in countries such as Kiribati to set up effective cancer screening and cancer treatment services.
- Advice and mentoring on how to set up an effective cancer organisation
- Provision of strategic planning workshops, advice and mentoring
- Provision of training and advice on how to write an effective funding proposal that meets requirements of donors
There is much need in the Pacific with some countries experiencing a lack of screening and treatment facilities.
Breast Cancer Nirvana Fund
I have set up a fund http://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/breastcancernirvana so I can work in this area. This fund provides resources for my travel to Kiribati and to start implementing the project to deliver effective cancer services in Kiribati
I have offered the majority of my time pro-bono but now require funds to continue this important work.
Help Breast Cancer Nirvana to help people with cancer in the Pacific. There is a link to the right of this blog post.
Thank you! Andrea x