I often hear about people losing their battle with cancer. Or even people talking about my own personal battles with cancer.
For me, it has always been about healing cancer, and healing cancer at all costs.
By this I mean, doing everything I can do to provide the environment for me to heal any imbalance in my body, mind and soul. Not flighting against my body. I assume there is some wisdom from the cancer somewhere and there something to learn from the cancer. Fundamentally my body was out of balance and the focus shifts to how I can move towards equilibrium.
Healing cancer at all costs
I also believe in healing cancer at all costs. I first read about this concept through Dr Bernie Siegal, a cancer doctor, who noticed that some cancer patients ‘exceptional cancer patients’. They were willing to do whatever it takes to survive. No problem. Whether that means, changing diet or changing jobs or changing lifestyles or doing the most effective treatments possible.
I emphasise effective treatments not just any treatments.
Peace at all costs
I take it one step further and focus on peace at all costs. I learned this through Emotional Freedom Technique trainer Jasmina Kovacev. She worked with me tirelessly to resolve any and all of my personal beliefs, anxieties and fears about cancer, treatments, death, recurrence and to resolve any traumas held before cancer or picked up during cancer treatments and diagnoses. Through Jasmina I learned that I can be peaceful with or without cancer.
And that a positive environment of peace within me leaves me in the best space to heal. My cells are peaceful and not stressed.
Surround yourself with love and positivity and do not allow others to tell you endless stories of illness, suffering and recurrence. Keep in a protected healing and peaceful bubble, focused on your healing journey.
7 ways to achieve peace, not battle, with cancer:
- Heal any emotions, traumas or fears that you have around cancer
- Focus on healing cancer at all costs with effective treatments and gentle lifestyle changes
- Be an exceptional cancer patient (or an exception person affected by cancer)
- Focus on peace at all costs with or without cancer
- Forget about what others are doing. Just do your peaceful healing journey
- Surround yourself in a bubble of positivity
- Read positive books eg my book Chemo and Back Again, Bernie Siegal’s Love, Medicine and Miracles and Phil Kerslake’s Life, cancer and happiness.